University of Victoria (UVic)
Bachelor, Master, Master of Business Administration, Doctor of Philosophy degree
The University of Victoria (UVic) offers you an exceptional Canadian university experience in a city surrounded by ocean, beaches, and mountains.
Over 22,000 students call UVic home, including 4,350 (20%) international students representing 127 nationalities. This means you’ll be welcomed into a diverse student body that will help you prepare for success in our increasingly complex and globalized world.
Here you can choose from over 100 undergraduate programs and explore careers in one of Canada’s largest co-op programs. Close to half of eligible UVic undergraduates take part in co-op and graduate with experience in their field. Eighty-two percent of our co-op students graduate with job offers in their field.
We are known internationally for our commitment to social justice, sustainability and the climate. This year, the Times Higher Education ranked UVic the #2 university worldwide for climate action. At UVic, you will have many opportunities to take part in courses and extra-curricular activities around these topics.
We are also ranked #1 among Canadian comprehensive universities. (2022 Maclean’s University Rankings). And we’re ranked #1 among Canadian comprehensive universities for preparing career-ready students (2019 Times Higher Education Global University Employability Ranking). UVic is a great choice for students who see university as a path to a rewarding career.
A UVic degree is an exceptional investment in your future that will pay off many times throughout your life.
Join us at UVic. Learn more at uvic.ca/undergraduate.
- UVIC FACTS
- Ranked #1 among Canadian comprehensive universities.
- Ranked #1 among Canadian comprehensive universities for preparing career-ready students.
- 110 academic programs to challenge and inspire you.
- 56% of eligible students take part in co-op.
- CAD $3,075 average overall monthly co-op salary.
- 82% of graduating students found career-oriented employment related to their chosen field last year
- 4,350 international students.
- 127 nationalities represented in our student body.
- Victoria is a 90-minute ferry ride from nearby Vancouver and Seattle.
- 22° C average high summer temperature; 8° C average high winter temperature.